Saturday 28 November 2015

ONE OF MY MOST MEMORABLE TRIPS



ONE OF MY MOST MEMORABLE TRIPS

In the hustle bustle of the city people wait for vacations to set off to place where they can unload their stress and fill them with peace. Holidays unwind our mind from the daily chaos and make our mind fresh inspiring us to work harder and improve our lifestyle. Holidays also give us an opportunity to explore the scintillating beauty of mother earth and broaden our horizons.
  Recently I had been to the COCONUT LAND OF India BEKAL, kerala. We departed in the afternoon train. As the train passed the countryside of Maharashtra  we marveled at the scenic beauty on both sides of window and the open green stretch which seemed to lay miles away. I was gaping with wonder at the huge coconut trees which swayed with the wind as its height kissed the sky. It was a mesmerizing scene as the sun set behind the hills and the only music was the bird’s song.
While heading to our hotel in kerala the sight of lush green fields and the winding road took me to a blissful world. After having a scrumptious meal we rested on the grass which faced the back waters of the hotel. The water was calm and was winding through a stretch of green forest. I was elated as my room was facing the back waters. i took a bath at the plunge pool then headed for the odissi , a south Indian cultural dance organised by the hotel. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance.
Next day i was woke by a hint of light. The dawn had just broken. I sat on the swing staring at the beautiful sky as the sun rose fully in the sky. The view was picturesque. The mountains bathed in the glory of rising sun. I was enchanted to feel the morning sun on my feet. Soon we all headed for a stroll to the beach. The adhesive white water lashed over rocks and pebbles. I immersed my feet in the water and took a deep breath as the soft breeze carried the fragrance far and wide. We built sandcastles and then stamped, jumped, watched it broke and laughed remembering the old childhood days.
In the evening we visited the BEKAL FORT. It was built on the shore of the sea. We had the traditional sweet COCONUT WATER- popularly known as the south Indian refreshment.
We had a ball of time at the trip.
The next day we set out for Bombay. Deep inside with the feeling of returning here once again I wished how wonderful it would be if I could stay here in the serene, calm, quite and peaceful life of countryside, lavishly among the nature and not amidst the dirt, traffic and pollution.
I realized that nature removes boredom and elevates our spirits and enlightens our soul and refreshes it.




No comments:

Post a Comment